Trusted, Experienced, and Compassionate Parenting Plan Attorney in Stuart, Florida
A divorce is not only stressful and emotional for parents, but also for the children. A divorce may mean a change in their lifestyle, such as which parent they reside with and where, which school they attend, and how they spend time with their parents.
Our Legal Services
The legal team at The Law Offices of Travis R. Walker, PA specialize in various areas of family law, including the following:
- Equitable Distribution
- Child Support
- Parenting Plans
If you and/or your spouse are considering filing for divorce, then contact our team today for legal advice and help with child custody law and parenting plans.
How Parenting Plans Work in Florida
The State of Florida requires that all spouses with children that are seeking a divorce determine a plan for child custody. In the State of Florida, this is known as a “parenting plan”. A parenting plan is a form that schedules the day(s) and time(s) that a child will spend with each parent. For parents who live far apart from each other, the plan can also include an agreed-upon location to exchange the child, as well as who covers travel expenses.
When drafting a parenting plan, it’s important to consider the following:
- How will everyday child care responsibilities and expenses be divided?
- How will time be shared between parents (and per child, if applicable)?
- How will health, school, and activities be divided?
- How will children communicate with both parents?
Both parents have equal say and time-sharing rights when determining a parenting plan. Although it is best for both parents to work together to divide and plan child custody and care, child-related expenses, and responsibilities, not every parent will agree. This is where we can help. Working with an experienced child custody law or parenting plan attorney in Stuart, Florida can help you with drafting a parenting plan.
How The Law Offices of Travis R. Walker Can Help
At the Law Offices of Travis R. Walker, we understand that parents who are going through a divorce are most concerned about their children. Our legal team is available to help guide parents through the process of drafting a parenting plan, ensuring that both parents receive their fair share of time with the children, and also presenting that plan to the Court.
Your Three Steps to Moving Forward
- Call our office and set up an intake call with our Client Happiness Coordinator.
- Attend a consultation so we can better understand your case and determine how we can help guide you to success.
- Retain our firm so we may lead you through the legal process as quickly and painlessly as possible.