Business Litigation in Treasure Coast, FL
Our Team Can Represent Your Business
As a business owner, you’ve worked hard to build a company you’re proud of and will do whatever you can to protect it. The Law Offices of Travis R. Walker, PA is here to provide the advice and representation you need in all legal matters. We provide business litigation services on the Treasure Coast of Florida, helping guide businesses to take proactive steps to avoid legal disputes as well as representing them in court cases. Our team understands how strongly you feel about your business and do whatever we can to protect what you have built from the ground up. Please reach out to us today for additional information or to request a consultation.
What Is Business Litigation?
Business litigation, also known as commercial litigation, often involves disputes of a non-criminal nature that arise from a business or commercial-related transaction. When you own a business, you are at risk for legal actions from a number of different enemies. A former employee may attempt to sue you, alleging wrongdoing on your part. Past customers or clients may bring a lawsuit citing many different reasons. Another business you worked with may also feel that legal action is warranted against your company. Your business partners may not see eye to eye with you anymore. All of these are examples of business litigation and require the knowledge of an experienced business litigator.
What Our Business Litigation Lawyers Do
We have a team of lawyers and paralegals who specialize in business litigation, and our primary goal is to act as a resource for all your legal needs. Our team can provide advice and guidance as you set up your business, ensuring you follow all regulations and laws to protect it from litigation. In addition, we’re here to help protect your business from legal action by others if it unfortunately occurs. It is not uncommon for companies to face legal disputes, and when this occurs, you need a team of experienced lawyers to stand up for you in court. We can represent in many different types of legal disputes, including, but not limited to:
- Breach of Contract: This is one of the most common types of business litigation. You may have to sign numerous contracts with vendors, partner businesses, clients, and more. If there are any breaches of these contacts, you’ll need an experienced lawyer to represent you.
- Employment: When you have employees, there is always a chance that you could face legal disputes claiming unfair treatment. We can represent you in wage and hour disputes, discrimination claims, breach of employment contracts, and more.
- Class Actions: Businesses are often named as the defendant in class-action lawsuits where numerous plaintiffs allege the same wrongful action. Our team can help build a powerful defense for your company if you’re faced with a class-action suit.
- Shareholder Disputes: Minority Shareholders may bring a lawsuit against corporate officers if they feel their interests have not been protected. We can defend you in any situation involving shareholders, helping to protect your business. We also help guide Minority Shareholders to help protect their interests when bullied out of the business they helped create.
Protecting Your Business from Meritless Claims
Because Florida is an employment-at-will state, both the employer and employee can terminate the employment with or without cause, liability, or notice. This means that there is no wrongful termination statute in Florida, and employers do not have to provide cause in order to terminate an employee’s job. While this is beneficial to employers and businesses, it also creates the perfect environment for frivolous and meritless claims that allege employers have violated the Federal and Florida Civil Rights Act. Employees who have been terminated may grasp at anything they can in order to receive monetary compensation, even if it isn’t justified, so it’s important to have a lawyer to protect you in claims like these.
Helping You Make Sound Partnerships with Other Businesses
When you partner with other businesses, whether it’s a materials supplier or vendor, it’s essential to have clear and defined rules. Our team can help you draft contracts for your business partners and also review contracts presented to you by your partners. We’ll make sure that all aspects of the agreement are reasonable and will advise you if there are any questionable terms. With the help of our legal professionals, you can feel confident when you enter into any business agreement.
Contact Us Today for a Consultation
If you are a business owner looking for a lawyer to provide advice on business dealings or representation for a lawsuit, our team can provide the service you need. Our business litigation lawyers have many years of experience. They can help your company ensure legal compliance with all local laws and regulations and fight back against any legal action by employees, customers, or other businesses. We are here to make sure your business is protected and that you aren’t in a position where you could be forced to pay a settlement or judgment that ruins your company. Please reach out to us today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Your Three Steps to Moving Forward
- Call our office and set up an intake call with our Client Happiness Coordinator.
- Attend a consultation so we can better understand your case and determine how we can help guide you to success.
- Retain our firm so we may lead you through the legal process as quickly and painlessly as possible.